Thursday, July 24, 2014

Quick and Dirty: Shiro's The Red Viper

The Red Viper - July '14 COTM
Bronze-gold with a red shift and subtly metallic finish.


Welcome to the tiniest swatch post - only one eyeshadow long! Today I'm bringin' you Shiro's July Color of the Month 'The Red Viper' based on the much beloved Oberyn Martell from Game of Thrones. Now, I'm behind show-wise and haven't seen the fourth season so I have yet to witness Pedro Pascal's sexy appearance but from the novels I already know that Oberyn is one seductive BAMF. The swatch on Shiro's site really doesn't do the shade much justice. It's more mustard in real life and the red shift is much more noticeable. (More so than my swatch even.) I feel like it's a perfect Dorne color, if that makes any sense. Swatched and then smudged on the back of my hand it honestly looks like an old bruise - a really beautiful old bruise but a bruise just the same. I'd say this color is probably best to use at full opacity instead of as a subtle sweep of blended out shadow to avoid looking bruised and sallow. Unless you're into it which, I'll admit, sometimes I am because that shit can be so chic.


xxx


Also: What a perfect follow-up to my last post!

4 comments:

  1. This is a really pretty color. I hope I can pick it up before it's gone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Shiro COTMs stick around hidden in the background for a while after the month's over - they're sneaky like that. ;P So there'll be time!

      Delete
  2. It looks much better than on Shiro website! :) I thought I couldn't use it (gold shadows look bad on me), but this looks Iike I could make it work. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the swatch on Shiro's website may be a bit washed out by bright lighting? I'm not sure, haha. But I was also surprised - it's definitely more rich than I was expecting! :)

      Delete